IU Health Bloomington at the Regional Academic Health Center
Construction of our new medical campus is a collaborative project between Indiana University Health and Indiana University and is scheduled to open sometime in 2020 on the campus of Indiana University Bloomington. The campus will be a destination for fitness, healing, learning and wellness. The care we provide will thrive in an environment of compassion, communication and collaboration. IU Health is working to ensure that the new facility will provide a variety of healthcare services for patients, including the following:
- A facility to accommodate outpatient services such as office visits with specialty care physicians and diagnostic testing
- A new complex to replace the existing Indiana University Bloomington Hospital providing inpatient services that will range from intensive care services, complex surgeries and labor and delivery
- A Women’s Center for obstetrics, a neonatal intensive care nursery, and other perinatal services
- Outpatient or same day surgeries not requiring an overnight stay
- An emergency department that provides specialized care for conditions such as strokes, heart attacks or injuries to hands, limbs, etc.
- A trauma center to treat severe injuries resulting from incidents such as automobile accidents, entailing multiple fractures, acute spine injuries, and brain injuries
- The campus will also have a facility that will be dedicated to the education of university students studying various health science disciplines.
We invite you to check back for updates on our progress.