Team Members in the Community
To take service outside the walls of our facilities, Indiana University Health created Strength That Cares, a team member volunteer program, to positively impact the health of the community and foster a culture of engagement and social responsibility.
In 2016, more than 3,000 IU Health team members dedicated more than 20,000 volunteer hours in their communities.
Current statewide volunteer initiatives include:
IU Health Day of Service
- The IU Health Day of Service is a high-impact event aimed at engaging IU Health team members in activities that address identified community outreach priority.
- Each year, more than 20,000 IU Health team members volunteer during Day of Service.
- For 2016-2018, activities across the system will ladder up to our Healthy Weight and Nutrition priority.
- Sign up here to make an impact in your community with your fellow IU Health Team Members.
Get Strong. Give Strong. Program
- Each quarter, one IU Health team member is selected, and a grant is made in their honor to the organization they support with their volunteer time.
- $250 is granted to an organization each quarter.