Mission, Vision & Values
- Mission, Vision & Values
- Facts & Figures
- IU Health Executives
- Board of Directors
- In The Community
- National Rankings
- Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- Patient Information
- Magnet Designation
- Vendor Relations
- Volunteering at Indiana University Health
Indiana University Health's mission is to improve the health of our patients and community through innovation and excellence in care, education, research and service.
- Total patient care, including mind, body and spirit
- Excellence in education for health care providers
- Quality of care and respect for life
- Charity, equality and justice in health care
- Leadership in health promotion and wellness
- Excellence in research
- An internal community of mutual trust and respect
The vision that guides IU Health is as follows: "IU Health strives to be a preeminent leader in clinical care, education, research and service. Our excellence is measured by objective evidence and established best practices. Exemplary levels of respect and dignity are given to patients and their families, while professionalism and collegiality mark relationships between employees and physicians. IU Health continues to focus on innovation and excellence through collaboration among its partner hospitals and its affiliation with Indiana University School of Medicine."
However, we're not restricted to what happens inside each of our hospital walls. Our support extends to the greater Indiana community as well.
Our annual outreach efforts include:
- Reaching more than 500,000 people with more than 100 health education, wellness and service programs.
- Providing more than $96,004,638 in charity care to children and families statewide.
- Partnering and sponsorships with public agencies and private sector organizations to improve the health of the community.
IU Health's Community Impact
Every day, IU Health positively impacts our statewide community by carrying out its mission through clinical care, education, research and service.
In carrying out its core mission, IU Health brings the most advanced patient care to the people who need it, regardless of their ability to pay. In 2009, IU Health provided more than $96 million in charity care - free or reduced-cost medical care delivered to low-income individuals.
IU Health also trained the next generation of physicians, engaged in thousands of clinical trials researching breakthrough treatments and partnered with hundreds of community organizations to bring health and wellness education to people throughout the state.