Indiana University Health recognizes that vendors are important to our success, and we are committed to building stronger relationships and increasing support for minority and women-owned businesses. Our goal is to achieve a diversity spend of at least 5 percent across the system by the end of 2016.
Our Supplier Diversity Goals
Our goals include:
- Incorporating IU Health's supplier diversity program into all procurement activities and serving as an advocate for minority and women-owned businesses
- Establishing growth goals and measuring progress in each operational area
How to Become a Partner with IU Health
IU Health strongly encourages all minority and women-owned vendors to become certified. Certification agencies include:
- Indiana Department of Administration MBE&WBE
- City of Indianapolis Department of Minority & Women Business Development MBE, WBE & VBE
- Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council (IMSDC) MBE
- Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) WBE
Other steps to take:
- Contact IU Health Supply Chain Operations at 317.754.5689 to obtain purchasing procedures, RFP information and contact information.
- Provide your company profile to post on our internal Web site to promote your business.
A Successful Partnership
Working together to achieve success we will:
- Provide ongoing feedback and orientation into the IU Health organization
- Provide resources to focus on the improvement of quality, service, technology and price
- Promote networking opportunities
- Support community events that help minorities achieve economic impartiality by encouraging minority enterprise
Please contact Supplier Diversity for any additional questions you may have.