Indiana University Health Arnett Hospital specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. We offer many cosmetic and reconstructive surgical procedures, some of which are not offered elsewhere in Indiana. Our physicians have expertise in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery––a distinct advantage over surgeons who limit their practices to cosmetic surgery because most cosmetic procedures have their foundation in reconstructive surgery.
Our highly trained surgeons use the latest techniques to perform procedures on the face, breast and body, including advanced trauma reconstruction using a free flap surgery. Our physicians also have experience in reconstructive and plastic surgery of the hand and peripheral nerve.
People often choose cosmetic plastic surgery because they want to look as young as they feel. Cosmetic surgery procedures include facelift, forehead lift, body contouring and liposuction. Patients who suffer traumatic injuries, severe burns or complications from a previous surgery may regain functionality with reconstructive surgery. Similarly, cancer survivors may benefit from surgical procedures such as breast or skin reconstruction.
Our plastic surgery office at 1500 Salem Street is easily accessible and conveniently located minutes from downtown Lafayette. The office has comfortable patient and family hospitality rooms, a massage suite, a photography studio and rooms for consultation and conferences. It also features a self-contained operating room and skin care suite for in-office procedures.
Our physicians perform the following cosmetic procedures:
- Arm lift (brachioplasty). An arm lift reshapes the under portion of the upper arm.
- Body contouring. This procedure removes excess sagging fat and skin after major weight loss.
- Body lift cosmetic surgery. A body lift removes sagging fat and skin to treat conditions caused by poor tissue elasticity.
- BOTOX® cosmetic. A prescription medication is injected into the muscles to temporarily improve the look of frown lines.
- Breast augmentation. Also known as augmentation mammoplasty, this procedure uses implants to create fuller breasts or restore lost breast volume.
- Breast lift surgery. Breast lift (mastopexy) surgery raises and firms breasts by removing excess skin and tightening surrounding tissue.
- Breast reduction for men. This procedure uses surgery to correct enlarged breasts in men (gynecomastia).
- Brow lift. Also known as a forehead lift, a brow lift minimizes forehead creases and wrinkles.
- Chemical peel. A chemical peel, also called chemexfoliation or derma peeling, improves the appearance of your skin in a noninvasive manner.
- Chin surgery. Chin surgery balances the face, possibly in conjunction with other facial procedures or as part of a reconstruction.
- Dermabrasion and dermaplaning. These procedures remove fine lines and improve the look of facial skin left scarred by accidents, previous surgery, acne or cancer.
- Ear surgery. Ear surgery, also known as otoplasty, improves the shape, position or proportion of the ear.
- Eyelid surgery. Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, improves the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids or both.
- Facelift surgery. A facelift (rhytidectomy) is a surgical procedure to improve visible signs of aging in the face and neck.
- Facial implants. Facial implants bring balance and better proportion to the structural appearance of the face.
- Dermal fillers. Injectable dermal fillers can plump thin lips, enhance shallow contours, soften facial creases, remove wrinkles and improve the appearance of recessed scars.
- Liposuction procedures. Also known as lipoplasty, liposuction slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat.
- Microdermabrasion treatments. Microdermabrasion skin rejuvenation treats light scarring, discoloration, sun damage and stretch marks.
- Nose surgery. Nose surgery (rhinoplasty) improves the appearance of the nose or corrects nose-related breathing problems.
- Skin rejuvenation and resurfacing. Skin rejuvenation and resurfacing uses laser, light, chemical peels and other energy-based treatments to improve the appearance of the skin.
- Spider vein treatment. Also called sclerotherapy, this procedure injects a solution into each affected vein, causing the vein to collapse and fade.
- Thigh lift. A thigh lift improves the contours of the thighs and may be performed in combination with liposuction and other body lifts.
- Tummy tuck. A tummy tuck, also called abdominoplasty, removes excess fat and skin and may restore weakened or separated muscles for a smoother abdominal profile.
Our surgeons are experienced in performing these cosmetic procedures.
Reconstructive surgery maintains or restores the mobility and functionality of different parts of the body after injury, illness or surgery.
Our physicians perform the following reconstructive surgeries:
- Breast reconstruction. Breast reconstruction recreates the form and appearance of natural breast tissue after mastectomy or other breast surgery.
- Breast reduction. This procedure removes part of the breast tissue to reduce overall breast size and alleviate back pain or other problems.
- Hand surgery. Surgical procedures on the hand are usually performed to restore hand function lost from injury, deformity, infection or rheumatic changes to the hand structure.
- Scar revision. A scar revision is a surgical procedure that alters or minimizes the appearance of a scar.
- Skin cancer. Reconstructive procedures can minimize the appearance of scars after surgery for skin cancer, including melanoma.
- Tissue expansion. Some patients may receive a tissue expander to reconstruct breast tissue after mastectomy. The expander acts as an empty silicone “envelope,” which is gradually filled over time to become a breast implant.
Our experienced surgeons are highly trained in performing reconstructive surgeries.
We are located at:
5165 McCarty Lane,
Lafayette, IN 47905