The Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Breast Center, located at The Imaging Center, is dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast disease. The IU Health Ball Memorial Breast Center offers a complete range of screening and diagnostic breast imaging services in one convenient location and uses leading-edge digital and 3D-tomosynthessis technology. Our multidisciplinary team of specialists work together to provide personalized treatment plans, symptom management, and care coordination.
The Breast Health team is staffed with a breast MRI expert, who specializes in breast MRI, breast ultrasounds, mammography, and minimally invasive imaging techniques. Additional staff members include highly trained mammography technologists and a nurse navigator who supports patients through the diagnostic process and coordinates breast health services.
Our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine allows IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital physicians to stay on the forefront of medicine. Through research, our physicians are working to improve how breast conditions are treated and how side effects can be managed.
Jump ahead on this page
Breast Imaging Services include:
- Digital Screening & Diagnostic Mammograms
- Experienced mammographers & ultrasound technologists
- High-risk screening assessments
- Breast Ultrasound
- 3D-Tomosynthesis (this technology can boost the accuracy of screening mammography)
- Breast MRI
- Image-Guided Breast Biopsy
- 48-Hour Breast Cancer Consultation access for newly diagnosed breast cancer cases
- Dedicated Nurse Navigator
- Breast Surgery
- Breast Specialists
- Breast Reconstructive Surgery
- Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Conference
- Breast Surgery Recovery Program
- Medical Oncology/Radiation Oncology
- Research Protocols & Clinical Trials
- Genetic Counseling & Testing
- Clinical Trials
- Cancer Center Boutique with Certified Mastectomy Fitter (Bras, Breast forms, Wigs and Appearance Related treatment items)
- Psychosocial Services
Breast MRI Expert
Colleen Madden, MD
Rosie Thrasher, RN
Breast Reconstructive Surgery
Linda Camp, MD
The IU Health Ball Memorial Breast Center partners with Cancer Services of East Central Indiana-Little Red Door to assist women with breast health services. These services are provided with assistance from Susan G. Komen Central Indiana Affiliate funds, IBCAT (Indiana Breast Cancer Awareness Trust) and Indiana Breast and Cervical Cancer (BCCP) funding.
Eligibility & Services Information
Programs are available for breast health services such as: free clinical breast exams, free mammogram referrals – for qualified individuals, and breast health information. Are you:
- Forty years of age or older?
- Uninsured or underinsured with high deductibles?
- Have a limited ability to pay for breast health services?
If you meet these eligibility requirements, please call 765.284.9063 for more information.
To schedule a mammogram, please call 765.751.2727.
2598 West White River Boulevard
Muncie, IN 47303
7 am – 5 pm, Monday – Thursday
7 am – 4 pm, Friday
Select Saturday hours available