Indiana University Health Muncie Surgical is located in the Outpatient Medical Pavilion connected to Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital. Our office is located in Suite 403 of the Outpatient Medical Pavilion, just a few steps to the left from the elevator.
A convenient parking garage and surface lot is available at the hospital and a MITS bus stop is located a short distance away on Gilbert Avenue.
2525 University Avenue, Suite 403
Muncie, IN 47303
Hours of Operation
8 am – 5 pm, Monday-Friday
All emergency calls are taken 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Physicians and staff
All Surgeons are Board Certified and members of the American College of Surgeons.
Carolyn Lang, supervisor, Practice Operations
- Specializing in diseases and conditions of the esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, rectum, liver, gallbladder and bile ducts, skin and hernias.
Expertise in the following surgical specialties:
- Advanced Laparoscopic and Open Abdominal Surgery Procedures
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery and Hernia Repair: Laparoscopic and Open
- Breast Diseases: Including Benign and Malignant Problems
- Vascular Surgery: Including Endovascular and open Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm surgery, Carotid Artery surgery, and Peripheral Bypass Surgery
- Bariatric: Offered in conjunction with the IU Health Bariatric Center
- Oncology Surgery: Including surgery for Breast Cancer, Cancer of the G.I. Tract, and Malignant Melanoma
Patient Education is an important part of your healthcare. Whenever we make a diagnosis and recommend a course of treatment, we realize that you may have questions and concerns. A comprehensive library of pamphlets, and videos has been assembled to help you and your family understand your condition so that you can arrive at an informed decision regarding your treatment choices. Good patient-doctor relations are based on a mutual understanding regarding your condition, medication and treatment. If something is not clear to you, please ask.