When you are faced with a medical emergency, Indiana University Health Bedford Hospital is here to provide experienced and effective treatment, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
IU Health Bedford Hospital provides a 24-hour Emergency Department capable of handling medical and trauma emergencies. Qualified physicians and nurses are always on duty with access to the most advanced diagnostic tools available and supported by laboratory and radiology services.
The Emergency Department at IU Health Bedford Hospital is committed to providing quality patient care and working together with all local organizations for the safety of the community.
The Emergency Department at IU Health Bedford Hospital is located on the south side of the hospital, adjacent to intensive care and radiology, with separate walk-in and ambulance entrances.
Some of our Emergency Department services and capabilities include:
- 15-bed Emergency Department
- Professional nursing staff trained in trauma and resuscitation of the adult and pediatric patient
- Response teams for emergency management of the cardiac and stroke patient
- Emergency equipment including defibrillators, cardiac monitors, trauma cart, cardiac cart, disaster cart and pediatric cart
- Membership with the Indiana Poison Center
- Heliport pad on site for helicopter transfers
The Emergency Department is available whenever you need emergency treatment. We are committed to improving patient outcomes. We encourage early intervention and calling an ambulance if you experience any emergency symptoms, especially any symptoms of a heart attack or stroke.
Indiana University Health Bedford Hospital Ambulance Services is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days per year to meet the needs of sick and injured patients in the community. Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS) certified personnel staff each ambulance. We currently staff Paramedic, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)-Basic Advanced and EMT-Basic ambulances to meet all your pre-hospital healthcare needs. All ambulances carry the IDHS required equipment and are Indiana certified.
Our Emergency Medical Services carries the following equipment:
- Lifepak 12 monitors/defibrillators with the capability to do 12 LEADS and capnography in the field
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)
- Stabilization equipment
- Bandaging and splinting supplies
- Oxygen and delivery equipment
- Intravenous (IV) supplies
- Multi-casualty supplies
- Communication equipment
- Stryker/Power Pro stretchers
Dispatchers are trained to answer your call and get help to you or your loved ones as quickly as possible. In an emergency, dial 911 and ask for IU Health Bedford Hospital.