Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
At Indiana University Health Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, we are dedicated to reducing pain caused by conditions and injuries of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles. We work with you to design a targeted treatment plan that will help you heal as quickly as possible.
Our orthopedic and sports medicine physicians treat the full range of orthopedic and sports-related conditions, including concussions, fractures, tendon and ligament injuries, back and neck pain, age-related degeneration, cancerous tumors and traumatic injuries. From your first appointment through treatment, rehabilitation and follow-up, we provide expert care to help you return to your previous level of activity quickly and safely.
Indiana University Health Bedford Hospital offers a broad range of orthopedic services, including total hip and total knee replacements. Whenever possible, we exhaust nonoperative treatment before recommending surgery; however, if it becomes necessary, our surgeons provide the surgical care you need to get back to your typical lifestyle. For patients suffering from arthritis and joint pain, we offer the latest surgical techniques, including total joint replacement and revision joint replacement.
Jump ahead on this page
Major procedures performed by our orthopedic surgeons include:
- Total hip replacement. This procedure involves replacement of the hip joint with a prosthetic implant or “artificial hip.”
- Total knee replacement. This procedure involves replacement of the knee joint with a prosthetic implant.
- Spinal procedures. Spinal procedures include surgery to correct scoliosis and other spinal conditions or deformities.
- Fracture reductions. Fracture reduction is a procedure that restores a fracture and/or dislocation to its normal, correct alignment.
- Arthritis surgery. Surgery can help to provide pain relief and increased mobility for joints affected by arthritis.
- Sports medicine. Our physicians are experienced in the treatment of sports-related orthopedic injuries and conditions.
- Arthroscopic surgery. Arthroscopy is a type of minimally invasive surgery, commonly performed on the knee, shoulder or ankle.
Our services showcase the skills of experienced staff and outstanding orthopedic surgeons. For patients who need physical therapy and other therapies to restore health, we also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation through the IU Health Bedford Hospital Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation department.