Indiana University Health Bedford Hospital Respiratory Care helps you breathe easier so you can live well.
Respiratory care is a healthcare occupation comprised of practitioners who, under physician's supervision, are trained to actively participate in the care of patients. Our multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals includes critical care physicians, sleep medicine physicians, respiratory therapists and nurses, enabling us to provide comprehensive care.
The practice of respiratory care encompasses diagnosis, therapy, administration and education. Our expert physicians treat a wide range of conditions including asthma and cystic fibrosis. We develop personalized treatment plans including education, lifestyle changes and medicines.
IU Health Bedford Hospital Respiratory Care provides services to adult and pediatric patients in three service areas: clinical, diagnostic and medical team service.
IU Health Bedford Hospital Respiratory Care provides a number of clinical aspects of respiratory care, including:
- Mechanical ventilation (conventional, non-invasive and frequency)
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)
- Airway management
- Delivery of aerosolized medicines
- Bronchopulmonary hygiene (a technique for helping clear mucus from the airways)
- Arterial blood gas sampling
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Oxygen and specialty medical gas administration
In addition to these services, we also provide patient consultations, internal and external transports and home care discharge planning.
IU Health Bedford Hospital Respiratory Care provides a variety of diagnostic respiratory care services, including:
- Medicated aerosol delivery
- Arterial blood gas analysis
The IU Health Bedford Hospital Respiratory Care staff provides daily patient assessment for patients with a team approach to treatment. Respiratory staff members measure the efficiency of cardiovascular systems.
Basic therapies offered include:
- Administration of bronchodilators (inhaler-type medicines that open the airways)
- Oxygen therapy
- Chest physical therapy
- Ventilator and airway management
- CPR instruction
IU Health Bedford Hospital Respiratory Care is a support service that works with a team of healthcare professionals to deliver the most advanced care available.