Mission, Vision & Values
Indiana University Health Blackford Hospital will promote wellness and improve the health status of the people of East Central Indiana and surrounding areas through patient care, health education and medical research.
- Customer Care/Service
- Fiscal Responsibility
Our Vision - Image of the Future We Wish to Create
IU Health Blackford Hospital will be East Central Indiana’s health care system of choice for patients, physicians, and employees in the communities and neighborhoods we serve,as well as the premier health care provider and the regional hub for IU Health Partners.
As our patient, you have the right to receive respectful, courteous and quality care and to be treated with dignity.
- You have the right to receive considerate and respectful care, free from any form of abuse, neglector harassment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, diagnosis, ability to pay or source of payment, within the capacity of the hospital.
- To have your family doctor notified promptly when you are admitted to the hospital.
- To be able to exercise cultural and spiritual beliefs and practices that do not interfere with the well-being of others or your treatment plan.
You have the right:
- To foreign-language or sign-language interpretation so that you can access appropriate care and the information needed to participate in your care.
- To maintain contact with friends and family outside the hospital (visitors, calls, letters).
- To have reasonable continuity of care.
- To have your spiritual needs addressed by the staff and by having your faith community contacted at your request.
To examine and receive an explanation of your bill, regardless of source of payment, and to be informed of available payment methods and the cost of care
- To voice any concerns or complaints and have them discussed, reviewed and resolved.
- Medicare patients have the right to appeal a premature discharge through the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO ).
- To choose who you may want to visit you.