Heart & Vascular Care
Request an Appointment Find a Doctor
Indiana University Health Blackford Hospital Heart & Vascular Care offers comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation services including education, exercise, counseling and behavior-change interventions. Our program is designed to limit and reduce the physiological and psychological effects of the disease, reduce the risk of sudden death or relapse, control cardiac symptoms, stabilize and/or improve your condition and enhance your quality of life.
The IU Health Blackford Hospital cardiac rehabilitation program helps people of all ages recover from heart attacks, heart surgery and other procedures.
You may also benefit from our cardiac rehabilitation services if you have or have had a:
- Heart condition. This includes conditions such as coronary artery disease (CAD), angina or heart failure.
- Heart procedure or surgery. These procedures and surgeries include coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). This includes coronary angioplasty (balloon angioplasty) and stenting, heart valve repair or replacement surgery or a pacemaker or implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD).
Our services include:
- A medical evaluation to determine your needs and limitations. We use this information to personalize a rehabilitation program for you and help you set goals.
- A physical activity program designed for your specific needs.
- Counseling and education to help you understand and manage your condition.
- Support and training to help you return to work or your normal activities.
We provide services to individuals with cardiovascular disease to limit and reduce the physiological and psychological effects of the disease. Our primary goal is to equip you and your family with the necessary tools to assist you in making informed healthcare and lifestyle decisions.
Our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine includes access to the latest research, which translates to better outcomes for our patients.