If you are eligible for Medicare, you may already know that Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period begins Oct. 15. Are you ready to enroll?
If you are already enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan or considering enrollment, you can evaluate your health plan options and update your choices anytime between Oct. 15 through Dec. 7, 2013. IU Health Plans can help with these decisions.
If you’re already in a Medicare Advantage plan and don’t need to make changes, then you don’t need to do a thing. Your current coverage continues with the benefits and premiums that were updated in the 2014 Annual Notice of Changes mailed to Medicare Advantage members in late September.
Things to Consider
When reviewing your Medicare policy, look at the following:
- Cost – Do monthly premiums and copays fit your budget?
- Prescription drugs – What is the cost of your drugs covered under the plan?
- Convenience – Are your doctor and pharmacy located near your home?
- Choice of doctors and hospitals – See our expanding list of providers.
- Get information about Medicare Advantage options available from IU Health Plans
- Or call 800.455.9776 (TTY 800.743.3333) from 8 am to 8 pm, seven days a week.
Medicare Annual Enrollment period October 15 – December 7
Indiana University Health Plans is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. Continued enrollment depends on the contract between CMS and the Plan/Part D Sponsor remaining in effect, i.e. being renewed and not terminated. Other pharmacies/ physicians/ providers are available in our network. Product types include HMO and HMO-POS.
H7220_IUHMA 14101 CMS Approved 10.16.2013