We want to give you the best and safest experience possible when you are in our medical care. That’s why we created the IU Medication Tracker.
It is our responsibility as your healthcare provider to ensure we are aware of all the medications you are taking, both prescribed and over-the-counter drugs. The more information you can give us, the better able we are to help you.
The IU Medication Tracker helps you and your doctor and nurses effectively monitor your medical health. Filling out a medication history card will help you tack all the medicine and your medical history. We have two cards; one is geared toward children and the other for adults.
On the medication history card you can list:
- Your primary physician’s information
- Types of allergies
- Past and present medical problems
- Dates of important immunizations
- Dates and names of surgeries
- Name, frequency and dosage of any medications you tkae
1. Carry the card with you at all times. It is your personal medication profile.
2. Be sure it is up to date.
3. The information you keep on this card will assist you, your doctor, your nurse, and pharmacist in monitoring your drug therapy.
Before you make a doctor or hospital visit, please bring a complete list of all medications you are taking. When you are admitted to an IU Health hospital, you will be asked to provide this list of medications. During your hospitalization, if your doctors prescribe new medications for you to take or discontinue current medications, we will keep track of these and ensure they are provided to your next healthcare provider.