I received this recipe from a patient! She loved it and wanted to share with the group!
I small spaghetti squash (halved and seeded)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
½ cup minced onion
3 cloves of garlic, minced
12 ounces ground white meat turkey
2 cups crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons red wine
2 teaspoons capers
2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Place each squash half cut side down on a cookie sheet and bake uncovered for about 45 to 60 minutes or until fork goes easily into the shell. Allow to cool and scoop out the strands of squash with a large spoon. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic and scallions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the turkey and cook for 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and wine and bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add capers, oregano, red pepper flakes and parsley; simmer for 5 minutes. If the squash has cooled too much, reheat in the microwave, covered for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Top the squash with the sauce and serve.
Liver Reduction Friendly diet food!