BY POSTING ON ANY Indiana University HEALTH PARTNERS, INC. INTERNET SOCIAL MEDIA SITE YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS.
- If you are an IU Health WORKFORCE MEMBER you are expected to also adhere to IU Health's POLICIES AND PROCEDURES RELATED TO INTERNET SOCIAL NETWORKING.
- You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on an IU Health Internet Site.
- You are prohibited from posting any content that is confidential or personal health information including patient images on any IU Health Internet Site without appropriate approval and documentation.
- Nothing here is intended as medical advice. Information posted here should not be used in place of professional clinical expertise. Therefore, by participating, you agree that IU Health shall not be responsible for information provided herein under any theory of liability or indemnity.
- You are prohibited from using the IU Health Internet Site to provide medical advice or medical commentary by non-IU Health physicians or to use the IU Health Internet Site to make, recommend or increase referrals to physicians who are not employed by IU Health.
- As a guest posting content to a IU Health Internet Site, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this site; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in IU Health's discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non-IU Health services or products), promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge and consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
- IU Health reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue access to any IU Health Internet Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. IU Health may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials in IU Health's sole discretion. You understand and agree that IU Health may disclose your communications and activities with IU Health in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of IU Health rights. You agree that in the event that IU Health exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, IU Health will have no liability to you.
- By posting content on a IU Health Internet Site, you recognize that the forum is public that the posted information becomes public.
- You shall defend, indemnify, and hold IU Health and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to an IU Health Internet Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Agreement.
- YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. By its very nature, a web site AND THE INTERNET cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. IU Health does not control the THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE Internet over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information OR OTHER CONTENT and, therefore, IU Health DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting any content on an Internet site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family.
- FURTHERMORE, IU Health DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE INTERNET SITE.
- You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on an IU Health Internet Site shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Marion County, Indiana.
- You may not provide any content to an IU Health Internet Site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use the IU Health Internet Site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the IU Health Internet Site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
- If you link to this site, you agree to comply with IU Health's following linking agreement:
IU Health Linking Agreement
IU Health ordinarily does not prohibit links to its web site, provided that any such link does not improperly connote an endorsement by or affiliation with IU Health, or otherwise adversely impact or negatively describe IU Health.
By linking to any page on IU Health's web site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as set forth below:
Links may be text-based using the words, such as "IU Health" or "iuhealth.org" (the "Licensed Marks").
You may not use the IU Health logo as a link. By linking, you acknowledge and agree that, other than as set forth herein all rights to the Licensed Marks, other IU Health marks, the content appearing on the IU Health site, and the design of the IU Health site belong to IU Health.
You may not create frames around IU Health's web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of IU Health's web site.
You must not misrepresent your relationship with IU Health or present false or misleading impressions about IU Health. No links to IU Health's web site may be used in a manner that implies or suggests that IU Health approves or endorses you, your web site or your goods and services. You may not use our logo on external web sites and on social networking sites such as MySpace, Facebook Twitter, or YouTube without IU Health's specific prior written authorization.
IU Health shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your web site. You agree to indemnify and defend IU Health against all claims arising out of or based upon your web site.
No link(s) may appear on any page on your web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
IU Health may at any time, in its sole discretion, without cause, terminate the license granted herein to use the Licensed Marks and your right to link to any pages on the IU Health web site. In such event upon request, you agree to immediately remove all links to IU Health's web site and to cease using the Licensed Marks.
- THIS AGREEMENT MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES AN IU HEALTH INTERNET SITE, THE NEW AGREEMENT WILL GOVERN USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, IU Health suggests that you review the Agreement, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Agreement.