619 West First St.
Bloomington, IN 47403
Unique to Indiana University Health Cancer Centers Bloomington, the Olcott Center is completely supported by its community.
Registered nurse educators provide one-on-one education with clients and their family members. The Center offers an extensive lending library, weekly support groups, patient advocacy and some individualized financial assistance. Free educational talks and materials are always available to groups, schools, businesses and individuals.
All Olcott Center services are free thanks to Tee Up Against Cancer, grants, direct gifts, and Hoosiers Outrun Cancer, Bloomington’s largest fund-raising run/walk organized by the Bloomington Hospital Foundation. Although a physician may refer you to the Center, you never need a referral to take advantage of our services. Located in Bloomington, the Center serves all of south central Indiana.
Call 812.353.5669 to access the following:
- Free one-on-one counseling with Oncology Certified Nurses, including inpatient visitation for patients and family members, as requested
- Large lending library and brochure warehouse
- Drop in support groups and monthly educational talks
- GIRL Friend Fund for those with financial needs (provided by private donations and Tee Up Against Cancer)
- Medical massage during cancer treatment
- Subscription to the Olcott Center CONNECTION, a monthly newsletter about local cancer resources
- Check-It-Out student cancer education program
- Community/employee health fair visits and cancer speaker’s bureau
- Free colorectal cancer screening kits
- Annual skin cancer screening and prevention campaign, including free sunscreen distribution
- Information about local opportunities, such as Camp Kesem
Our Registered Nursing Staff
The Olcott Center provides its communities with two Oncology Certified Registered Nurses.
Janice Ross has been Oncology Certified since 1988 and has served as a cancer nurse for more than 25 years. Ross, a cancer survivor herself, manages the Olcott Center providing support and education for patients and their families. As a long-time Bloomington resident, she is connected to the community and its many resources for cancer patients.
Same-day appointments and hospital visits available. Call 812.353.5669 to schedule.