Flexible Spending Accounts
- Abbreviation Guide
- Health Care Careers
- Job Listings
- Local Living
- Online Application Details
- Employee Portal
- Human Resources
- Common Forms
- Workers Compensation
- For Students
- New Employees
Flexible spending accounts allow employees to pay for unreimbursed medical, dental, and vision expenses not covered by insurance and dependent daycare expenses with pre-tax money. Employees must enroll each year during the special open enrollment periods. Eligible employees choose an amount to contribute from their pay. These funds are then placed in a special reimbursement account. The employee can access these funds either by using a debit card tied to these accounts or by paying for eligible expenses out of their pocket and submitting a claim form, with receipt, for reimbursement. It is important to estimate expenses carefully since money placed in these accounts must be used for eligible expenses within the calendar year of the plan. Any funds left in spending accounts at the end of the calendar year will be forfeited.
Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital supports both unreimbursed medical and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts, but does not manage these accounts in-house. They are administered by Mangrove Employer Services.
As long as you continue to participate in the Reimbursement Benefit Plan, cards are valid for three years. Once funds are depleted, do not throw your card away! It will be automatically loaded with your new election amount for use in the next plan year if you re-enroll in the plan. If you previously participated in the Plan before 2011, you may destroy your old Benny® Prepaid Visa Card.
HOW TO CHECK YOUR FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT BALANCE
Get access to your 2011 account information such as account balance, claim history, transactions and personal data 24 hours a day:
- Log on to www.emangrove.com/fsaP.aspx
- Select “Participant Log In” for the 2011 plan to create an account.
- Enter your name, employee ID and Mangrove Benefits Card number or employer ID (MBS351720796).
- Create a User ID and password to begin accessing your account information
You may also contact Mangrove Customer Service Department, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm at 888.862.6272, option 3.
SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS!
Similar to deductions on your tax return, the IRS requires you to save your receipts for your Reimbursement Plan expenses. As long as you save them in an envelope, you won’t need to mail them with your return or file any additional information with the IRS. If you don’t participate in your employer’s health plan, you may have to submit a receipt to Mangrove for the purchase, so it’s a good idea to always keep your receipts.
- 2011 Welcome Letter
- To order an additional Mangrove Benefits Card for a dependent please complete and forward the Dependent Card Order Form
- List of Eligible Over-the-Counter Expenses
- List of Eligible Expenses for Flexible Spending
- Flexible Spending Account: Reimbursement Claim Form
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending: Constant Reimbursement Claim Form: This form is for dependent care members who wish to submit one manual claim for the entire year. This will eliminate the need to submit claims continuously during the plan year.
- Form to set up Reimbursement for Flexible Spending directly to your Bank Account