Follow a Physician
- Abbreviation Guide
- Health Care Careers
- Job Listings
- Local Living
- Online Application Details
- Employee Portal
- Human Resources
- For Students
Are you interested in becoming a doctor or nurse practitioner? At IU Health Bloomington Hospital, we are happy to let you shadow one of these professionals in our facility. Just follow the steps below.
Individuals that desire to follow a physician, physician's assistant or nurse practitioner must contact the professional directly and obtain a sponsorship. If you are accepted, he/she may determine the duration of the experience. To find a listing of local physicians, please refer to the “Find a Doctor” link above.
Once you are accepted by the physician/nurse practitioner, you will need to complete the mandatory steps below before you start your student experience.
- Complete the Shadowing Application
- Read the Following Material:Student In-service
- If you are under the age of 18 or a high school student, a parent or guardian must sign the Parental Consent Form for you to be eligile to start your experience.
- After you complete the application, contact Student Placement Services for further instructions.
IU Health Bloomington
Student Placement Services
PO Box 1149
Bloomington, IN 47402
Or by fax: 812.353.5447
Please feel free to contact Student Placement Services: