Parking for Students
- Abbreviation Guide
- Health Care Careers
- Job Listings
- Local Living
- Online Application Details
- Employee Portal
- Human Resources
- Common Forms
- Workers Compensation
- For Students
- New Employees
Some important information about parking:
For Orientation ONLY (completion of paperwork and TB testing): Shadowers and Interns should park in front of the Human Resources building at 709 W. 1st Street.
Parking throughout Student Internship or Clinical Rotation:
- We have a shuttle service operating between the Hospital and the parking lot on Patterson Drive, near Allen Street. Shuttles operate Monday through Friday 6:30 am through 9 pm.
- Clinical students coming to the hospital during daytime hours MUST use the Employee Shuttle Lot on Patterson Drive. Day shift students should not park on the hospital campus.
- Second and third shift students may park in the Hospital garage free of charge while working - on the two upper floors ONLY.
- Anyone who parks in patient, visitor, or otherwise reserved spaces while completing student experiences will be ticketed.
- HR & Security will issue a parking permit for Interns & Clinical Students. Students must display the decal on their rearview mirror or dashboard of vehicle.
- Please notify the Security Department in the event of any damage, loss or theft.
- Violations—vehicles may be towed, without notice, at the owner’s expense if found parking in handicapped parking, fire lanes, yellow curbs or blocking driveways.
On your first day, allow plenty of time to find a parking space and to get to your workspace. It’s a good idea to ask department mentors where to park.
Shuttle Service Information:
We have a shuttle service operating between the Hospital and the parking lot at Indiana Enterprise Center (Thompson/RCA) on Patterson Drive, near Allen Street. The shuttle will pick up and drop employees off at the hospital entrance on First Street.
- Shuttles operate Monday through Friday 6:30 am through 9 pm
- From 6:30 to 8:30 am and 3:30 to 6 pm we will have three shuttles providing service to employees every eight to 10 minutes. During other times, we will have one bus in operation.
- This service is intended to provide transportation primarily for IU Health Bloomington Hospital day shift employees.
- No weekends or holidays.
If you are here past 9 pm and need a ride back to your vehicle, have the hospital operator page the Security officer on duty and he/she will take you to your vehicle after hours.
Security is available at the parking lot Monday through Friday from 6:30 am until 9 pm to watch over the vehicles, and to provide customer service to our employees, help with flat tires, dead batteries, frozen locks, etc.