Children’s Therapy Center
The IU Health Children’s Therapy Center holds accreditation from CARF, a designation that signifies a commitment to quality rehabilitation services. We are the only pediatric rehabilitation facility with CARF accreditation in Indiana and one of just a few in the country.
Our Center supplies southern Indiana with the most advanced and comprehensive pediatric rehabilitation services. Inpatient and outpatient physical, occupational and speech-language therapy care, as well as social services are provided for children birth through adolescence.
Assessment and intervention are available for children with a wide range of diagnoses. Intervention is based on a multi-disciplinary model to meet needs through a team approach. Treatment sessions are play-based and parents/caregivers are encouraged to actively participate as part of the team to promote carry over into home, school, and community environments.
For new patients and their families
Medical-Social History Form - Parents/Guardians, please feel free to print this form and fill it out before your first appointment at the Center.
Welcome Packet - this document will give you more information about our Center, the kids we work with and the services we offer.
Specialized Areas of Service
- Developmental Screenings: Available with a physician referral. Screenings are also held throughout the year in the community.
- Special Care Follow Up Clinic: A developmental clinic for babies discharged from Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital’s Special Care Nursery, or by physician referral.
- Equipment Loan: Adaptive equipment (bicycles, therapy balls, positioning equipment, augmentative/alternative communication devices, etc.) is loaned to children and families as needed.
- Physician Consultation: staff consult with local and regional physicians to coordinate excellent quality of care.
- Education Planning: Clinicians routinely consult with educational facilities to ensure continuum of care.
- Certified Lactation Counselor: On staff for lactation services with special needs infants.
- Financial and Transportation Assistance: Funds are available for financial assistance for services and equipment. Transportation to and from therapy may also be arranged.
- Parent Education Programs
- Group Activities: Therapeutic activities for social skill and language development, handwriting and sensory processing.
IU Health Children's Therapy Center accepts most major insurance and may be able to assist you in locating coverage. Physician referral is required. Some transportation assistance is available through Assisted Medical Transport.
4935 W. Arlington Road, Suite B
Bloomington, IN 47404
812.353.3400 or 800.663.4606
Monday – Thursday; 7:30 am to 6 pm
Friday; 7:30 am to 5 pm