Ear, Nose & Throat
At Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital Ear, Nose & Throat, our expert otolaryngologists (physicians who treat conditions of the ears, nose and throat) provide care for patients of all ages to improve their ability to breathe, eat and communicate.
We are dedicated to caring for all aspects of ear, nose and throat health. Some of the conditions we treat include thyroid diseases, including Grave’s disease, Hashimoto's disease, goiters and other conditions. We also provide treatment for nasal sinus disease, pediatric chronic ear disease, voice and swallowing disorders, head and neck cancer and speech-language conditions.
We treat patients of all ages who are referred by their primary care physician and those who schedule their own appointment.
Our staff includes expert speech-language pathologists (specialists who help you swallow and talk) and audiologists (specialists who assist with hearing). Our physicians and staff work together with experts in neurology, pulmonology, radiation oncology, hematology, oncology (cancer) and gastroenterology to assure you get the care you need.
We stay on the forefront of medicine through our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine. From the latest treatment options to leading edge research, you have access to the most advanced care available.
Jump ahead on this page
IU Health Bloomington Hospital Ear, Nose & Throat provides a variety of testing services for your ear, nose and throat conditions, including:
- Allergy testing. We offer the full spectrum of allergy testing and treatment.
- Audiology testing. We provide complete audiology testing and hearing aid services.
- Computed tomography (CT). For your convenience, we offer a computed tomography (CT) scanner in our offices. CT scans capture detailed images of the inside of your body, which allows your physician to make an accurate diagnosis
- pH probe testing. This procedure helps us evaluate gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and allows us to determine the extent to which reflux may affect the throat and voice box.
- Pulmonary function testing. Through pulmonary function testing, we offer a complete evaluation of the respiratory system to identify the severity of your pulmonary condition, including asthma.
- Sleep disorders. Our expert specialists can test you for sleep disorders, from sleep apnea to sleepwalking, and insomnia to narcolepsy. Patients may also receive treatment for sleep disorders at Indiana University Health Paoli Hospital.
- Complete upper airway endoscopy. We offer this testing to assess difficulty swallowing, sinus issues, tumors and other conditions.
At IU Health Bloomington Hospital Ear, Nose & Throat, we offer the most advanced technology to effectively and efficiently diagnose and treat your condition. This includes three-dimensional (3D), image guided surgery, in which your surgeon uses tracked surgical instruments together with preoperative or intraoperative images to indirectly conduct the procedure. Most image guided surgical procedures are minimally invasive. We use minimally invasive procedures to reduce surgical risks.
Our physicians provide the latest medical and surgical treatments. We offer comprehensive solutions to hearing problems, including bone-anchored hearing aids. Our physicians also perform advanced surgical procedures such as head and neck tumor removal and thyroid surgery.
Our expert physicians and staff use vagal nerve stimulation implants to help control seizure disorders including epilepsy. We are the only practice in south central Indiana to offer the procedure, which involves implanting a pacemaker-like device that generates pulses of electricity to stimulate the vagus nerve. This nerve conducts impulses between the brain and other parts of the brain, as well as various body structures, mostly in the head and neck.
Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians Ear, Nose & Throat
2920 McIntire Drive, Suite 350
Bloomington, IN 47403
Southern Indiana Surgery Center/Indiana University Health Partner
2800 Rex Grossman Blvd.
Bloomington, IN 47403
Indiana University Health Paoli Hospital Sleep Disorders
642 W. Hospital Road
Paoli, IN 47453