Indiana University Health makes it possible for you to receive hospital-based, professional care right in your own home, helping you continue to heal even after you are discharged from the hospital.
Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital Home Care is a practical and comfortable option for people seeking a variety of health services. Our services are delivered by highly trained medical professionals including nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, medical social workers, dietitians, pharmacists and respiratory therapists.
We work with caregivers, physicians and patients to develop an individualized care plan that can include services ranging from wound dressing to medicine administration, to advanced care such as intravenous (IV) therapy or rehabilitation. In addition, our staff is able to provide education on caring for family members with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia and, if needed, can connect you with many community resources.
Home care is also available to patients who have not been admitted to the hospital. Our home care services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week within south central Indiana.
IU Health Bloomington Hospital Home Care services include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive management of conditions like diabetes, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and heart failure, thus reducing the risk of re-hospitalization
- Medical management with lab monitoring and finger-stick anti-coagulation checks with immediate results
- High-tech interventions for a wide range of IV therapies, including symptom management, nutritional support and certain types of chemotherapy drugs, with oversight by our in-house pharmacist and clinical staff
- Wound care management and access to certified wound care nurses with physicians’ collaboration
- Pain management
Our rehabilitation professionals include physical, occupational and speech therapists. They help you regain your independence and quality of life, and provide some of the following interventions:
- Fall prevention, home safety evaluation and balance retraining
- Custom-tailored exercise programs for all patients, including cardiac and pulmonary patients
- Post-operation management of orthopedic surgeries
- Progression of stroke rehabilitation started in hospital as part of the Indiana University Health Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center Program
- Bladder retraining for women’s incontinence and men’s incontinence
- Interventions for memory problems
Home care is covered by most insurances including Medicare. IU Health Home Care clinicians will assess your needs to ensure you meet criteria for insurance coverage.
333 E. Miller Dr.
Bloomington, IN 47401