With everything else going on, it's difficult for employers to find the time to coordinate key wellness functions and activities. We provide you with a wellness coordinator who will become a member of your team and make things happen.
WHAT IS A WELLNESS COORDINATOR?
- A dedicated, knowledgeable, resourceful, friendly professional who has experience in worksite wellness
- Someone who gets to know and understand the organization to build a culture of health that works
- A liaison between the company and the vast resources of IU Health and the community
- If health coaching services are provided, the wellness coordinator can also conduct coaching sessions for employees.
THE ROLE OF THE WELLNESS COORDINATOR
- Establish overall goals and objectives of the wellness initiative
- Get middle management and senior leadership involved and visibly supporting the program
- Develop, plan, coordinate and oversee the delivery of wellness related activities
- Organize and facilitate an employee wellness committee
- Develop communications to promote programs and optimize engagement and participation
- Be a resource to managers to meet with employee teams and provide education
- Assist with tracking incentives that may be tied to participation
- Evaluate and report program results
Wellness coordination can be provided onsite if space is available. Or, activities can be conducted remotely and would include regular visits to company locations.