When a wound will not heal, experts at Indiana University Health use advanced therapies to promote healing and decrease your risk for infection. Our wound care specialists have many years of experience diagnosing common to complicated problems. As part of the largest healthcare system in Indiana, our wound care teams can easily refer you to specialists who treat the underlying conditions that prevent healing.
At Indiana University Health Wound Care, we offer a team approach to wound healing which includes physicians; nurse practitioners; hyperbaric technologists; registered nurses; and wound, ostomy and continence nurses. We offer comprehensive wound management while working in partnership with your primary care physician.
Wounds are carefully assessed using laboratory testing, vascular diagnostics, nutritional screening, radiographic imaging and transcutaneous oxygen monitoring. Assessment is useful in wound management to evaluate the ability of the tissue to heal itself, and as part of a complete vascular work-up.
Treatment options offered at the IU Health Bloomington Hospital Wound Care include:
- Hyperbaric oxygen chamber
- Innovative wound care techniques such as growth factors
- Application of the latest in wound care products
- Total contact casting for pressure-related wounds in the extremities
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Compression therapy
IU Health Bloomington Hospital Wound Care utilizes a hyperbaric chamber to help you heal. It is an advanced Sechrist 3200 monolplace chamber, capable of comfortably treating an array of patients. Patients are monitored at all times by a hyperbaric technologist and treatment response is evaluated by a nurse practitioner and/or physician.
IU Health Bloomington Hospital Wound Care prefers that you be referred by your healthcare provider. The following referral types are available:
- Evaluation with recommendations for the referring healthcare provider to follow
- Evaluation and wound management by the wound care practitioners
- Evaluation and recommendations relating to hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Evaluation using transcutaneous oxygen monitoring
Referrals help maintain a collaborative approach to your wound management.
2920 McIntire Drive, Suite 103
Bloomington, IN 47403