Commitment to Diversity
- Mission, Vision, Values
- Commitment to Diversity
- Commitment to Professional Growth
- Standards of Assurance
- "Say Ahh!" to a Career in Healthcare
- Nursing Students
Today's workforce requires a diverse group of employees. Indiana University Health is committed to creating and sustaining a high-performing workforce by fully engaging diverse staff toward a common vision and mission.
Our focus on diversity management and shaping our workplace culture is centered around five Pillars of Diversity - clinical, workforce, business, community and leadership. The pillars serve as the foundation for the organization we strive to be, one in which diversity and inclusion are woven into everything we do, including our interactions with patients, staff, suppliers and the communities in which we serve.
Our vision is to create and foster an environment that supports education, communication, understanding and mutual respect within our diverse and inclusive healthcare community.
Five Pillars of Diversity
- Clinical - Culturally safe environment for care for all ethnic cultures including best outcomes and spiritual care
- Workforce - Culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that supports the attraction, retention, and development of diverse talent
- Business - Culturally diverse and inclusive Minority/Women Business Enterprise procurement plan, resulting in contract and purchases that reflect the diversity of the vendor community
- Community - Community activities that promote and result in a diverse and inclusive community
- Leadership - Leadership awareness and support of diversity and inclusion initiatives with shared accountability
Organizations that intend to be competitive in the future must understand the importance of managing diversity. Managing diversity is a comprehensive managerial process for developing an environment that works for all employees, including people of color, the GLBT communities, and people with disabilities. In support of our journey toward preeminence, IU Health seeks to recruit and retain a workforce as inclusive and comprehensive as the populations we serve.
Taking deliberate steps toward this goal not only adheres to our established mission, vision and values, but also strengthens our position as the employer of choice within the state and healthcare industry. This enables IU Health to:
- Provide the best possible care.
- Focus on the positive differences we encounter with co-workers, customers and patients to build relationships of mutual trust and respect.
- Increase the potential for creativity, quality, teamwork and innovation in the workplace.
- Attract, retain, develop and advance the careers of the best and brightest employees in the healthcare industry.
Enhance customer service and the patient's overall experience at IU Health.