Patient Care Intern (PCI)
As you prepare for a career in nursing, there is nothing more valuable than learning and developing skills in a real-world clinical environment. The Patient Care Intern (PCI) at Indiana University Health offers unique opportunities to learn and develop nursing skills in a hands-on setting. You’ll work directly with the patients and professional staff at one of the largest and busiest health care systems in the nations.
All PCI positions offer opportunities to enhance your education and gain valuable experience. Only the best and most motivated nursing students are selected for these competitive and paid employee positions. If you have what it takes, see requirements and application details that follow.
Indiana University Health PCI
- Supplemental program with flexible scheduling
- Methodist, Indiana University, & Riley hospitals
- Must have completed one full semester of nursing clinical
- Must attend a nursing school accredited through the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Must commit to year-round work and meet unit requirements for hours worked
- Must be able to attend orientation
- Complete the online PCI application by selecting Methodist, University or Riley Hospital in the Central Careers section and do an advanced search for, “Patient Care Intern.”
- Complete the survey at the end of application
- Click submit to file your application
Not all applications are chosen for an interview, and not all interview candidates are offered a PCI position. Orientations are offered on a monthly basis.