The Fellowship program is an integrated program that offers learning experiences in various areas. The program is a 24 month, project and rotation based program that trains young professionals and helps them develop leadership skills and qualities.
- Corporate System Operations
- Hospital Operations
- Business Development & Strategy
- Physician Group & IU School of Medicine
- Supply Chain/Finance
- IU Health Plan
- System Clinical Services: Life Line, Home Health and Laboratory services
Projects IU Health Fellows have worked on
- Improving the patient experience at IU Health Bloomington Regional Academic Health Campus
- Telemedicine consults with third-party physicians
- Analysis of Riley Children’s Hospital US News & World Report
- Analysis of employee engagement trends
- Transition and roll-out of new educational resource system
- Graduate Medical Education Residency Program strategic plan
- Behavioral Health initiative
- Financial long range planning
- IU Health Pathology Lab Client Services billing
- Strategic Service Line facility planning
- Expansion of emergency department for Behavioral Health capabilities
- Population health and value based care strategy
Leadership and Mentoring
The IU Health Fellowship is led by a Steering Committee who is responsible for selecting new fellows, aligning projects and rotations with system strategies, and providing leadership development opportunities. All members of the fellowship committee are available to the fellows throughout their Fellowship. The program’s executive sponsor is the system Chief Executive Officer, Al Gatmaitan. In addition, each fellow is assigned a mentor from the executive leadership team. These relationships provide extensive development opportunities and mentoring to each of the fellows.
Salary & Benefits
Fellows are provided a competitive salary and full benefits compared to national benchmarks for Administrative Fellowships.
The Fellowship also provides reimbursement for one healthcare conference of choice per year.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions.