- Nursing & Patient Care Education
- Health Sciences Education
- Pharmacy Residency Programs
- Physician Education
- Informatics & Business Education
- Leadership Education
- Clinical Pastoral Education
- Community, Wellness & Patient Education
- Learning Resources
- Learning Alliance Framework
- Location & Contact Information
Indiana University Health Learning Alliance Administrative Council
This council ensures that Indiana University Health keeps learning and education as a part of its corporate culture. And that education supports the corporate culture, as well as supporting the mission, values and IU Health priorities. Internally, the IU Health Learning Alliance Administrative Council establishes corporate-wide policies, procedures and standards for education.
The Administrative Council links IU Health's corporate and educational goals with community needs. It finds money to support full time employee educators, space for learning, grants to support special education projects, equipment and more. It ensures that the educators stay on top of current trends in learning and teaching. It also ensures that an evaluation system is in place, so that learning outcomes may be monitored and changes made to improve them.
Leaders throughout IU Health committed to lifelong learning serve on the IU Health Learning Alliance Administrative Council. The membership includes one representative from the IU Health Learning Alliance Operations Council who serves as a liaison between the two councils.
- Elizabeth Cerbie, MSN RN, Director of Nursing Education
- Linda Everett, PhD, RN, EVP and Chief Nursing Executive
- Lana Funkhouser, VP, Human Resources, Indiana University West Hospital
- Jeff Sperring, MD, CEO, Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health
- Richard Graffis, MD, EVP & Chief Medical Officer
- Dr. Steven Ivy, SVP of Values, Social Responsibility & Pastoral Care
- Sheriee Ladd, SVP, IU Health Human Resources
- Mark Mattes, Director of Academic Affairs
- Angela Thompson, VP, Human Resources & Support Services, Indiana University Health North Hospital
- Steve Wantz, SVP, Administration & chief of staff for IU Health
- Eric Williams, MD, EVP, Academic Affairs
Indiana University Health Learning Alliance Operations Council
The Operations Council meets regularly to make sure that access to quality education can actually take place by ensuring that learning center and support services staff are aware of and comply with the policies, standards, procedures and other requirements set by the Indiana University Health Learning Alliance Administrative Council. Once policies and standards are in place, making sure resources are available to meet those requirements is important.
Another role of the Operations Council is to ensure effective communication, collaboration and sharing of resources among IU Health's educators and educational support services. The Indiana University Health Learning Alliance Operations Council arranges for the sharing of resources needed by the centers and educators (like financial aid, educator development, or teaching labs, for example). Part of supporting access to quality learning opportunities also includes encouraging and supporting effective internal and external partnerships.
Indiana University Health Learning Alliance Operations Council members include:
- Director of Academic Affairs
- Center Lead for Nursing and Patient Care Learning
- One representative from each CLA Center and Educational Support Service
- One representative from IU Health West Hospital and IU Health North Hospital education
Indiana University Health Statewide Education & Research Council
Just as the Indiana University Health Learning Alliance connects educators and educational units within IU Health's five Indianapolis area hospitals, the new IU Health Statewide Education and Research Council connects educators and researchers throughout IU Health's extensive statewide network. The Council inventories educational initiatives offered by each hospital and encourages collaboration and the sharing of expertise, resources and best practices.
Community Educational Partnerships Council
Quality education requires many ways of thinking about learning and learning from others. IU Health partners with various Indianapolis community educational organizations that have great ideas. By collaborating with others, we can bring you the latest, best ways to learn.
The Indiana University Health Learning Alliance Community Educational Partnerships Committee members meet at least biannually to discuss Central Indiana's educational needs as related to partnerships with IU Health. Committee members include representatives from Indiana University, Ivy Tech Community College, the Indianapolis Public School System, the Metropolitan Indianapolis/Central Indiana Area Health Education Center, and numerous other educational institutions, government agencies, community organizations and foundations, and workforce development groups.