Grants & Awards
- Nursing & Patient Care Education
- Health Sciences Education
- Pharmacy Residency Programs
- Physician Education
- Informatics & Business Education
- Leadership Education
- Clinical Pastoral Education
- Community, Wellness & Patient Education
- Learning Resources
- Learning Alliance Framework
- Location & Contact Information
Did You Know Indiana University Health
- Orients and develops nursing and patient care personnel for all specialties and professional levels.
- Provides thousands of hours of continuing education and community, wellness, and patient education every year.
- Has robust educational partnerships and affiliations with other organizations throughout Indiana and the country. Educators in the downtown Indianapolis hospitals collaborate with their counterparts at Indiana University Health North Hospital, Indiana University Health West Hospital and IU Health partners statewide.
- Employs highly qualified educators to annually produce hundreds of radiographers, surgical technologists, clinical laboratory scientists, clinical pastoral chaplains, EMS personnel, radiation therapists, unit secretaries, and nursing professionals to name just a few.
- Provides state-of-the-art informatics education to equip team members with the skills they need to operate rapidly-advancing computer systems.
- Orients hundreds of new team members each year on IU Health's mission, culture, policies, and procedures.
- Supports IU Health leaders in acquiring the knowledge, skills, and expertise they need to be creative, innovative, and effective in managing others.
- Is a nationally recognized leader in team member education and staff development with years of success in securing educational grants and awards
IU Health has a rich history of being creative and dedicated to excellence in education. Excellence demands commitment and strong financial backing. The IU Health Learning Alliance has been able to fund educators, educational programs, community education, and support services by qualifying for thousands of dollars in grants each year. Grants also fund pilot programs to test and evaluate new approaches to learning before making educational offerings generally available.
- 2010 - 2013 - $4.8 million training grant, in partnership with the Indianapolis Private Industry Council
- 2009 - 2011 - US Department of Labor grant (Centralized Intake)
- 2008 - 2010 - Methodist Health Foundation Values grant (CSI)
- 2008 - 2009 - Indiana Department of Education grant with Warren Adult Education
- 2007 - 2009 - Ivy Tech Community College partnership to provide team members online accelerated remediation
- 2007 - 2008 - Methodist Health Foundation grant to continue prosperity education initiatives
- 2007 & 2008 - Methodist Health Foundation grant to reimburse textbook expenses for low-wage team members
- 2006 - 2008 - Indiana Department of Workforce Development 21st Century Workplace Basic Skills Grant
- 2006 - 2008 - Training Acceleration Grant (TAG) for University of Indianapolis Nursing degree completion program
- 2004 - 2006 - Advance IN grant for career advancement thru IU Health training programs (CST, MA, or Pharm Tech and the University of Indianapolis Nursing degree completion program)
- 2002 - 2004 - Advance Indiana grant for career advancement thru IU Health training programs (CST or LPN, CST to RN, BA or BS to BSN)
- 2009 - IU Health's Workforce Prosperity Program is one of 14 programs from across the country featured in a new national report from the Workforce Strategy Center (WSC) funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The program helps provide younger and disadvantaged workers with education to improve job related skills.
- 2009 - Partnership Award by the Metropolitan Indianapolis-Central Indiana Area Health Education Center
- 2009 - Profiled by the US Department of Labor to learn about and disseminate best practices in employer provided basic skills education (will be published in 2009)
- 2008 - Corporate University Exchange Exemplary Award in Alliances
- 2008 - Corporate University Exchange Best Practice Award in Corporate/College Partnerships
- 2008 - Workplace Partnership Award from the National Association of Workforce Boards
- 2007 - CUBIC (Corporate University Best in Class) Award for Best Use in Technology (international)
- 2005 - Nationally recognized and trademarked health career exploration program (Career Quest™)
- 2005 - Recognized by Continuing Adult Education & Learning (CAEL) as an exemplary practice in team member development
- 2003 - American Continuing Education (ACE) Employers of Choice award for employer-based GED preparation
- 2003 & 2000 - Goodwill Industries Employer of the Year