Digestive diseases shouldn't slow you down
We offer the latest treatment options to help beat your gastrointestinal and liver diseases.
Consistently ranked among the best in the country by U.S.News & World Report, Indiana University Health Gastroenterology offer the latest in clinical care, advanced procedural treatments and technology and leading edge research and education.
Our comprehensive gastrointestinal (GI) and liver diseases and endoscopy practice at Indiana University Health brings our patients:
- One of the top colonoscopy experts in the world and the experience that comes from completing a high volume of successful procedures
- The latest in Robotic Pancreatic Surgery, leading to shorter hospital stays, fewer complications and faster recovery time for patients.
- Leading technologies including the use of mini scopes to investigate diseases of the pancreas and biliary tree, lithotripsy of pancreatic stones, natural orifice transgastric endoluminal surgergy (NOTES), and anti-reflux procedures.
- One of the most robust General Gastroenterology and Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy fellowships in the country, and a dedicated Inflammatory Bowel Disease IBD fellowship (beginning in July 2012).
- Comprehensive services for all digestive and liver disorders, including screening, therapeutic endoscopic procedures and GI motility disorders.
The experts at IU Health Gastroenterology provide comprehensive care from start to finish, from screening services for early disease detection, to advanced diagnostic procedures and leading edge medical and surgical treatments.
Select a Gastroenterology condition below to access information from our Health Library as well as how IU Health can help.
- Alcohol-Induced Liver Diseases
- Autoimmune Liver Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Bile Duct Stones
- Malignant Bile Duct Obstruction
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Drug-Induced Liver Injury
- Small Bowel Tumors
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
IU Health Gastroenterology is providing the latest in care, from breakthrough technology to our visionary team.
Our extensive research portfolio in all critical areas in our field provides access to the latest treatment options. We’re conducting extensive laboratory and patient oriented research, including more than 5 million dollars of funding each year from the National Institutes of Health and other sources.
Advanced Diagnostic Procedures
Our team includes one of the world’s top colonoscopy experts and many of the best physicians in digestive diseases. In addition, IU Health Digestive Diseases organized the first screening colonoscopy trial performed in the United States and co-authored ACG screening guidelines.
IU Health is at the forefront of Robotic Pancreatic Surgery, reducing complications traditionally associated with pancreatic surgery and providing our patients with shorter hospital stays and faster recovery.
We were among the first to utilize mini scopes to investigate diseases of the pancreas and biliary tree, lithotripsy of pancreatic stones, natural orifice transgastric endoluminal surgergy (NOTES), and anti-reflux procedures.
The physicians at IU Health are recognized locally and nationally as experienced leaders in gastroenterology Our team is dedicated to digestive health, and work together with medical students, residents, fellows, and practicing clinicians from all over the world to bring you the very best of care.