405 North Rogers Street
P.O. Box 1149
Bloomington, IN 47402
The Bloomington Hospital Foundation
The Bloomington Hospital Foundation exists to support Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital in the delivery of preeminent healthcare in south-central Indiana. They are passionate about leading philanthropic efforts to improve the quality of healthcare, and changing the lives of patients in the Bloomington area.
The Foundation was created nearly 50 years ago by a council of local community women. Today, they are a leader in philanthropic giving in the local community, consistently raising nearly $2 million annually, with $27.8 million in net assets.
Thanks to the support of many generous donors, the Foundation is proud to have funded many important initiatives for IU Health Bloomington Hospital such as:
New Beginnings NICU Upgrade – Equipment upgrade used to enhance services to a Level 3 NICU so that babies born prematurely may receive treatment close to home.
- Outreach and Expansion Initiative for the IU Health Alzheimer’s Resource Service – supported the expansion of free services for this important resource for more than 7,600 local patients with Alzheimer’s disease and their loved ones.
- Trauma Services Campaign – crucial equipment is in place and in use as the hospital works toward becoming a Level III Trauma Center. The hospital had its initial consultative visit in 2015 with a verification visit to occur early next year.
- New Beginnings NICU Upgrade – equipment upgrade used to enhance services to a Level III NICU so that babies born prematurely may receive treatment close to home.
- Hospice House – established a 12-bed, inpatient facility for acute patients to spend their final days in a homelike, comfortable, serene setting.
- IU Health Olcott Center – established a free resource center for all cancer patients and their families, as well as the community. Their services focus on prevention, detection, diagnosis and treatment with 14,000 lives touched yearly.
- Exploration Island – created an outdoor therapeutic play structure for children with special needs.
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab – established to deliver leading edge technology to cardiac patients.
- Digital Mammography Equipment – purchased to deliver earlier breast cancer detection in women, leading to earlier stage diagnosis and better outcomes.
- Emergency Helipad – Created to provide the most critically ill or injured patients with airlift services to and from local access points.
Each year, the Bloomington Hospital Foundation hosts many fundraising events such as Hoosiers Outrun Cancer, 100 Men Who Cook and the annual Gala, in continued support of local healthcare in south-central Indiana.
The Bloomington Hospital Foundation looks forward to partnering with individuals and corporations in the community to create an even stronger IU Health Bloomington Hospital for the people of Bloomington and south-central Indiana. The Foundation, along with their locally-controlled Board of Directors, promises to continue to live their mantra daily: Local Philanthropy. Local Impact.