IU Health Morgan Foundation
2209 John R Wooden Dr.
Martinsville, IN 46151
The Foundation in support of IU Health Morgan
The Indiana University Health Morgan story begins in 1924, with a generous donation of land from J.W. and Callie Hussey in memory of their young son Jackson, in the hope that it would one day serve as the foundation for the community hospital they believed could have helped their son.
Decades later, in 1997, the IU Health Morgan Foundation was established to honor the compassion and resilience of families like the Husseys, whose true charitable legacy has been the assurance that families in Morgan County no longer need to endure a tragedy such as theirs.
We aim to provide financial support that helps IU Health Morgan acquire additional facilities, procure the newest technologies and equipment and fund health programs that promote wellness for the entire community.
Below are a few examples of how the generosity of past donors has contributed to better healthcare for our patients and our community.
- In 2009, a donation purchased 20 new wheelchairs for the hospital.
- In 2010, a generous gift allowed us to install new handrails in our Cancer Center that made the area accessible and safer to use for many of our patients.
- In 2012, a sizeable gift from Home Bank enabled our physicians and healthcare professionals to conduct more than 300 oral, head and neck, skin, lung, breast, prostate and colorectal cancer prevention screenings at the Morgan County Fair.