Join Our Team
Whether you’re a nursing student, new graduate or seasoned professional, we’re looking for the best to expand and strengthen our team. At IU Health Goshen, we understand that a personally fulfilled Colleague administers superior care. That’s why we work with you to ensure fulfillment on the job and balance with your personal life. We also offer countless opportunities in research, continuing education and the option to work in a range of specialties. Our competitive benefits package along with tuition reimbursement opportunities are just a few of the reasons we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana for four years in a row and the number one workplace in the nation when it comes to overall job satisfaction.
This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. Become part of a dynamic team that genuinely embodies what you have always believed true care could be.
- Apply now online.
Mail your resume to:
Human Resources/Nurse Recruitment
IU Health Goshen Hospital
200 High Park Ave.
Goshen, IN 46526
- Fax your resume, noting area of interest, to 574.364.2763.
- To speak with a Human Resources representative, please call 574.364.2626.
Here are some tips and strategies for effective interviewing from preparation through delivery. Practice answering typical interview questions so you’ll feel prepared and more comfortable during the actual interview.
- Name of company, position title and description, dates of employment.
- What were your expectations for the job and to what extent were they met?
- What were your responsibilities?
- What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?
- What was most/least rewarding?
- What was the biggest accomplishment/failure in this position?
- What was it like working for your supervisor? What were his strengths and shortcomings? Who was your best boss and who was the worst?
- Why are you leaving your job?
Questions about you
- Do you take work home with you?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- What motivates you?
- When was the last time you were angry? What happened?
- How many hours do you normally work?
- If the people who know you were asked why you should be hired, what would they say?
- Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
- Describe a difficult work situation/project and how you overcame it.
Questions about the new job and hospital
- Why do you want this job?
- Is there anything I haven't told you about the job or company that you would like to know?
- What are your goals for the next five years/10 years?
- How do you plan to achieve those goals?
- What can you contribute to this hospital?
- Why are you the best person for the job?
- What do you know about IU Health Goshen Hospital and IU Health Goshen?
In addition to being ready to answer standard questions, prepare for behavior-based interview questions. This is based on the premise that a candidate’s past performance is the best predictor of future performance. You need to be prepared to provide detailed responses, including specific examples of your work experiences. The best way to prepare is to think of examples where you have successfully used the skills you’ve acquired.
Take the time to compile a list of responses to both types of interview questions and to itemize your skills, values and interests as well as your strengths and weaknesses. Emphasize what you can do to benefit the company rather than just what you are interested in.
Expect to have your references checked prior to getting an offer. Plan ahead and compile a list of references and some letters of recommendation now, so you’re prepared when the employer requests them. Plan on what you are going to wear ahead of time. Professional attire is expected at most interviews. Also, make sure you know where you're going and give yourself plenty of time so you can arrive ahead of schedule.
Each Colleague’s orientation is tailored according to individual needs and previous life experiences. For new graduates, our extensive orientation programs give you the knowledge and confidence to practice in any specialty. Learn more about how we provide all the necessary resources and help you prepare for a successful, fulfilling career with IU Health Goshen.