Our strength comes from innovation.
IU Health continues to break new ground and find innovative answers to today’s urgent medical issues. Clinical trials and new treatment protocols not only come here first, but often originate here. With a unique partnership with the IU School of Medicine, we can offer patients more options and the latest technologies.
SPOTLIGHT ON INNOVATION JEFF BULMAHN
Watch an inspiring story of courage and the strength of the IU Health Neuroscience department.
GENERAL CLINICAL TRIALS
IU Health is home to many innovative treatment programs and protocols that are groundbreaking in the world, nation and in the state. These include:
- Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center
- First private hospital in the world to perform a heart transplant
- One of the busiest pediatric surgical centers in the country, performing more than 13,000 procedures per year
- Largest adult neuro-critical care unit in the country
- First heart-lung transplant performed in Indiana
- 200 cancer researchers leading 300 adult and pediatric clinical trials
- Indiana’s only nationally ranked pediatric heart program at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Nationally recognized cancer subspecialty programs in breast, lung, pancreas, testis and stem cell
- First in the world to perform a simultaneous liver/pancreas transplant
- Access to IU Health Proton Therapy Center – one of nine centers in the nation
- Nation’s only 24/7 real-time continuous brainwave monitoring model at IU Health Methodist Hospital
- First children’s hospital in the state to use a prosthetic implanted in the arm or leg