- Community Outreach & Support
- Mission, Vision & Values
- Magnet Designation
- Job Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities
Indiana University Health La Porte Hospital is committed to helping patients and their loved ones access the services they need to stay healthy. Our full-service, 227-bed acute care hospital provides Northwest Indiana with an environment of exceptional care and an unsurpassed patient experience.
With the official name change of Clarian Health to Indiana University Health in January 2011, the then-name of La Porte Regional Health System (LRHS), and all of the statewide affiliates, was changed to Indiana University Health La Porte Hospital in order to further align with the vision to create one standard of care through the state. The name change, however, did not change the statewide or local organizational structure. IU Health La Porte Hospital continues to be governed through its local board members, just as they have when LRHS became a Clarian Health Partner in 1998.
Further, IU Health La Porte Hospital remains a separate nonprofit local healthcare system with a board of managers and executive management team dedicated solely to serving its community. The IU Health La Porte Hospital Board of Directors will continue serving the community, and G. Thor Thordarson continues to serve as Chief Executive Officer. The IU Health La Porte entities are comprised of IU Health La Porte Hospital, IU Health Starke Hospital, IU Health Lakeshore Surgicare and IU Health La Porte Physicians.
IU Health La Porte Hospital was the first in Northern Indiana to be named a Magnet® designated hospital and the first in Northwest Indiana to perform a da Vinci® Si™ Surgical System-assisted cardiovascular surgery.
IU Health La Porte Hospital Board of Directors
IU Health La Porte Hospital has and continues to be governed by a local Board of Directors. Rest assured that decisions affecting your local healthcare are being made at the local level by people who you may know and should trust.
Board members pictured above are:
Front, left to right
- Carl Scott, Director of Parents & Friends
- Michele Thompson, President/CFO of The LaPorte Savings Bank
- D. Drummond Osborn, Board Chairperson and Director of Osborn Wealth Management
- G. Thor Thordarson, IU Health La Porte Hospital President/CEO
- Lauren Arnold, community volunteer
- James Hasbargen, MD, IU Health La Porte Hospital Medical Staff President
Back, left to right
- Scott Siefker, Board Vice Chairperson and Co-Owner/General Manager of Showmen Supplies, Inc.
- James Dworkin, PhD, Chancellor of Purdue University North Central
- Mel Lucas of New York Blower Company
- Jeffrey Anderson, MD, IU Health La Porte Hospital Medical Staff Immediate Past President
- Diana Corley, President of Kabelin Ace Hardware
- Hyung-Chil Kang, MD, IU Health La Porte Hospital Medical Staff Vice President and practicing physician at Michiana Hemotology Oncology
- Mark Kosior, Board Secretary and Celgene Hematology-Oncology Consultant
- Steven Kring, Market President for La Porte County Horizon Bank
- Fran Milo of Milo Enterprises, Inc.
- Brian Moore, MD, of Moore Surgical Associates