HealthPorte – Your Door to Wellness
HealthPorte is Indiana University Health La Porte and Starke hospital’s membership organization that empowers community members age 55+ to manage their health and live a happy, active and social lifestyle.
We understand you have reached a unique destination in your life. Now, HealthPorte is your door to wellness.
The goal of HealthPorte is to improve the health status of older adults in our community and have fun while doing it! During your membership, we will foster social connections, increase knowledge on health-related issues and provide opportunities to explore places of interest.
What Benefits Can I Expect With My HealthPorte Membership?
- WAIVED joining fee to The Crossing or any of IU Health’s five other wellness centers (Must present HealthPorte coupon)
- FREE 6-month health assessment that measures your SUCCESS along with body mass index (BMI), balance, strength, blood pressure and heart rate & also includes yearly blood work (Must present HealthPorte coupon)
- Invitations to social outings and discounted day-trips to theaters, shopping locations and other fun activities
- $5 OFF monthly wellness center membership as long as you sign up and complete your wellness assessment
- Punch card to track wellness events
- Incentives on trips or giveaways (Must turn in punch cards to be eligible for drawings)
- FREE monthly newsletter
- FREE monthly movie – popcorn and drink included
- Monthly educational breakfasts
- Pharmacy Discount Card *Must be used in lieu of insurance
- Annual Holiday Party
- HealthPorte pedometer at a discounted rate to track steps
- Bonus Days including Wii Bowling Tournaments, computer and other wellness activities.
One Year Membership:
- $5 for La Porte or Starke Hospital volunteer or Auxiliary member
- $10 for community members/individuals
- $18 per couple
How Do I Join?
Call 219.326.2338 and open the door to wellness!