Childbirth is a special time and a milestone in family life. Located on the second floor of Indiana University Health La Porte Hospital, the Family Birthing Suites is a leading edge 10,000 square foot addition offering parents and their babies a new birthing experience:
- 10 spacious, hotel-like suites where mother remains during her entire stay, designed with both beauty and function in mind
- each suite includes a private bathroom/shower
- two suites include a whirlpool tub for those who prefer the water labor and birthing experience
- two family refreshment centers
- latest centralized security monitoring system to ensure infant safety
- three medical observation/examination rooms
IU Health La Porte Hospital provides the most innovative treatment options during these special beginnings, including:
- the option to keep your newborn with you during the entire stay
- complimentary wi-fi
- flatscreen television
- foldout couch for the father/partner
- calming color scheme
- subdue lighting
- faux wood floors
Fathers, siblings, grandparents or a support person may visit anytime, day or evening. Other visitors are welcome between the hours of noon to 8 pm.
Choosing IU Health La Porte Hospital as your maternal care provider will assure that you and your baby will receive the highest quality care. Our compassionate and experienced staff will guide you and your family through childbirth preparation, labor and delivery and taking your baby home.
IU Health La Porte Hospital is regionally located; this makes the drive from other locations in La Porte County, Michigan City or Starke County generally 20 minutes or less. To schedule a private tour, call 219.326.2373 or Michigan City residents call 219.872.3331, extension 2373.