Step-by-Step Instructions for Enrolling with IU Health Plans
At IU Health Plans, we want to make sure you find a Medicare Advantage plan that meets your needs. With so many to choose from, picking the right plan can be a challenge. We want you to know that we are here to help every step of the way so that your Medicare Advantage Enrollment is easy and stress-free.
What You Will Need During the Enrollment Process:
No matter how you choose to enroll in our Medicare Advantage plans, you will need to have these items available:
- Your Red, White, and Blue Medicare Card
- Contact information for you and an emergency contact
- Information on any prescription drug coverage you will have in addition to your new IU Health Plans coverage
- Your Medicaid card (if applicable)
You are eligible for Medicare Advantage enrollment if you are:
- Enrolled to Medicare Part A
- Enrolled in Medicare Part B
- Live in IU Health Plans’ service areas in Indiana
- You have not been diagnosed with ESRD prior to enrolling
- You can read more about your eligibility to enroll in Medicare or Medicare Advantage in our Understanding Medicare section.
After You Submit Your Medicare Advantage Enrollment Application…
Once IU Health Plans receives your enrollment application, we will send your enrollment information to Medicare and they will conduct a final review. When Medicare completes its review, we will send you a letter to confirm(or deny) your enrollment in the IU Health Plans Medicare Advantage plan that you chose.
IU Health Plans will also contact you via telephone to make sure you understand the plan rules. If we are not able to speak with you on the telephone, we will send you a letter explaining key features of the plan. Even after we send this letter, we will continue to try and contact you by phone.
Begin your Enrollment Now:
Enroll Via Mail
Print and complete the Prospective Member Enrollment Form and mail it back to us as per its instructions.
IU Health Plans
Attn: Membership Services
1776 North Meridian St Suite 300
Indianapolis IN 46202
Enroll Over the Phone
An IU Health Plans representative will walk you through the Medicare Advantage enrollment process.
Please call: 877.403.3642 TTY 800.743.3333
Hours of Operation
October 1st-February 14th 8am-8pm seven days a week
February 15th-September 30th 8am-8pm Monday through Friday
You may receive assistance through alternate technology after 8pm, on weekends and holidays.
MODIFY DATE: 10/08/2012 12:32:23 PM PMMODIFIED BY: email@example.com