When Life is on the Line, the Choice is Clear
When it comes to delivering life-saving measures in critical situations, the Emergency Medicine team at Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital is the clear choice. As a leader in clinical care, health professional education and emergency medicine research, we are prepared with rapid care protocols for patients experiencing traumatic injury and symptoms of possible heart attack and stroke.
Backed by the comprehensive capabilities of IU Health Methodist Hospital, we are the largest emergency department in the state, with a full range of emergency care services, including:
- A Level 1 trauma center, uniquely equipped to serve patients who have encountered any type of trauma.
- A Level 1 vascular emergency program, delivering immediate care for sudden aortic syndromes, including thoracic (chest) aortic aneurysms and/or dissections, and ruptured/symptomatic abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- LifeLine ground and air transportation, operating the most advanced mobile intensive care units in the industry.
- A nationally recognized Medical Toxicology Program and home of the Indiana Poison Center, the only center in the state certified by the American Association of Poison Control Centers.
- An Intensive Diagnostic Treatment Unit, for extended observation of patients who are too sick to go home but not ill enough to be admitted. Fewer than one in six emergency facilities in the country have this unique service.
Trust the Best
IU Health Methodist Hospital’s emergency medicine is known for complete expert care for both adults and children. Our highly skilled, multidisciplinary team includes board-certified emergency physicians, trauma surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, critical care specialists, hospitalists, anesthesiologists and nurses; as well as two physical therapists and one pharmacist on staff in the emergency room.
We are the largest emergency medicine training center in the state and, in conjunction with the Indiana University School of Medicine, we are one of the nation’s top-ranked academic teaching hospitals. Our exceptional dedication to quality patient care helped the IU Health Methodist Hospital Emergency Department earn a 2012 Lantern Award from the Emergency Nurses Association for high performance in leadership, practice, education, advocacy and results.