Medical Library at IU Health Methodist Hospital
1801 North Capital Avenue Indianapolis, IN 46202
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 7 am to 5:30 pm
Fri: 7 am to 4:30 pm. Closed weekends and holidays
The Medical Library is located on the IU Health Methodist Hospital Campus next to the Outpatient Surgery Center, and offers IU Health staff and researchers an invaluable resource for medical research. The library also services Bedford, Goshen, LaPorte, the Rehabilitation Center of Indiana, and Tipton.
The collection spans approximately 2,000 book titles, 680 journal titles, and 500 audiovisual titles pertaining to consumer health issues, including complete electronic collections of academic journals dating back to 1995 or earlier.
These resources cover the following:
- Allied health
- Health care management
- Health education
The Medical Library at IU Health Methodist Hospital offers a wealth of resources for researchers and IU Health physicians:
- Six IU Health application workstations allow researchers and doctors access to patient records and IU Health-specific internal programs.
- 17 Filtered workstations, four of which are available to patients and their families.
- Offsite e-access via Athens Authentication — an IU Health librarian can help you sign up.
- Wireless access to the IU Health network — access pre-approval required.
- Book borrowing — four weeks nonrenewable checkout to IU Health staff with valid employee ID card.
- Faxing and photocopy services — room D1421
- Document delivery and interlibrary loan — Our librarians can track down and help you borrow documents from other library institutions
- Access to a wide variety of the most popular subscription-based online medical references
The Medical Library at IU Health Methodist Hospital has a staff of seven fully trained librarians to help you with a variety of your research needs.