Methodist Research Institute
- CLINICAL RESEARCH GROUP
- MEDICAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
- BIOSTATISTICS & DATA SERVICES
- BIOMEDICAL COMMUNICATION
- INDIANA CENTER FOR BIOMEDICAL INNOVATION
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Medical Library
The neuroscience research laboratory at the Methodist Research Institute is located on the fifth floor of Noyes Building Room E518 and E520 and has 880 square feet of dry and tissue culture lab facility. Dr. Bright has 100 square feet of office space on the fifth floor of the Noyes Building, Room E504C. Dr. Bright's Laboratory and office has 6 Dell Optiplex GX620 computers with monitor, 1 Dell color laser printer, 1 Brother color laser printer and 1 Dell InkJet printer connected to the Clarian Health central computer networking facility. Dr. Bright's Laboratory has access to the Animal Care Facility at Methodist Research Institute.
The neuroscience research laboratory is equipped to perform many different state-of-the-art techniques. We have tissue culture facility to culture, grow and maintain immune cells, tumor cells and stem cells; cell biology facility to measure cell proliferation by thymidine uptake or Wst-1 assay, cell cycle progression by flow cytometry and apoptotic cell death by Tunel assay; molecular biology facility to detect gene expression, genotyping, gene transfection and analysis by real-time PCR; We also use many different biochemical and immunological techniques including, ELISA, Western blot, immunohistochemistry, intracellular cytokine and surface protein detection, signal transduction techniques including protein phosphorylation and DNA binding assay.
- Applied Biosystem 7900 HT Fast Real Time PCR System and 2700 GeneAm Thermocycler
- Tomtech 96 well cell harvester
- Perkin Elmer Betaplate scintillation counter and Luminometer
- Alpha Diagnostics 2600 Washer and 96 well microplate Reader-Automated
- Hitachi-U-3310 Spectrophotometer
- Beckman Coulter TL-100 Ultracentrifuge, Allegra X-15R Centrifuge and 22R Microcentrifuge
- Alpha Innotech HD2 Imaging system
- Thermo Electron CO2 incubator, +4 refrigerator -20 and -70 freezer.
- Fisher Hamilton Class II Biological Safety Cabinet
- Faxitron RX-650 irradiator
- BioRad Gene pulsar II and Capacitance Extender Plus electroporation equipment, Power pac 1000 power Stoelting Steriotaxic Injector
- Labconco Consol Freeze Dryer
- supplies, subcell, protein II cell and mini gel apparatus
- Pharmacia Novablot apparatus
- Bellco Glass Inc Orbital shaker
- Fisher Scientific Isotemp 220 water bath
- Olympus CKX41 Inverted Binocular Microscope
- Leica Binocular microscope
- Metler Toledo chemical balance
- Sartorius top loading balance
- Thermolyne Locator 4 Plus Cryobiological storage system
- Fisher pH meter
The neuroscience Research Laboratory has access to core facilities at MRI such as cold room, radioactive room, autoclave, water still, ultracentrifuge, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, confocal microscopy and cell imaging, radioactive room, liquid scintillation counters, copying machine all located in Methodist Research Institute.