90-Plus Years of Service
Indiana University Health Morgan came into existence in 1924, when J.W. and Callie Hussey presented the health care facility (then called Memorial Hospital) as a gift of love to the community. The Husseys donated the hospital in memory of their son, Jackson, who died following a traffic accident. They believed that if a hospital had been close by, their son might not have died and they wished to spare others the tragedy they had endured.
We constantly strive to keep our facilities current and progressive, and to provide state-of-the art technology. Originally located on Main Street, the 84-bed hospital was relocated in 1958. By the mid-1970s, IU Health Morgan had gone through a period of unprecedented growth. An ongoing renovation program enabled the hospital to offer more than twice the number of ancillary services than it had initially. Additions to the facility were made in the 1970’s, with a new Critical Care Unit, Emergency Room, Laboratory and Radiology Services. The Physician Health Center was added in 1995.
In 2015, IU Health Morgan successfully transformed to a Hospital Outpatient Department of the Academic Health Center. They continue to grow in their robust relationship with physicians who are continually offering improved coverage in the areas of:
- adult and pediatric care
- specialty care
- emergency and urgent care
- diagnostic imaging including 3D mammography
- lab testing
- outpatient surgical services
- cancer care, including medical and radiation oncology
- cardiac, physical, speech and occupational therapies
- sleep lab
- community health and wellness, including medical nutrition therapy and diabetes care