Fitness Fridays continue with indoor activities throughout fall, winter
An IU Health La Porte Hospital Release
— La Porte, IN – Indiana University Health La Porte Hospital, the City of La Porte and La Porte County Family YMCA have again partnered to continue providing Fitness Fridays during the cold weather months.
Re-vamped for the fall/winter season, Fitness Fridays are back to offer the public fun-filled physical activitites at several indoor locations. Area residents of all ages are invited to continue the tradition of Fitness Fridays on:
- Oct. 26 at IU Health La Porte Wellness Services at The Crossing, 1201 Washington St. in La Porte
- Nov. 30 at the La Porte County Family YMCA, 901 Michigan Ave. in La Porte
- Jan. 4, 2013 at the La Porte County Family YMCA, 901 Michigan Ave. in La Porte
- Jan. 18, 2013 at the La Porte Civic Auditorium, 1001 Ridge St. in La Porte
- Feb. 22, 2013 at IU Health La Porte Wellness Services at The Crossing, 1201 Washington St. in La Porte
All fitness events begin at 5:15 pm, and participants are encouraged to arrive early to register. There is no cost to participate in Fitness Fridays and all members of the public are welcome to attend to reach their fitness goals or simply participate in activities in an inviting atmosphere.
All participants are required to wear gym shoes. Participants are reminded to continue to track their attendance on the cards they received at the summer Fitness Fridays and work towards receiving a free T-shirt. Those who have already received a T-shirt are invited to start a new card.
The public is invited to save the date for the return of the summer Fitness Fridays weekly non-competitive walking and running group on March 29, 2013.