Go Red for Women Event—first in Elkhart County
An IU Health Goshen Release
February 8, 2013
GOSHEN, Ind. – In partnership with the American Heart Association, the IU Health Goshen Heart & Vascular Center will host the first Go Red for Women event in Elkhart County on Tuesday, Feb. 19 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the hospital’s Arbor Conference Center. Go Red for Women is free and open to the public.
“We support the Go Red for Women movement because of its mission to generate awareness about the number one killer of women—heart disease,” says Dr. Mark Smucker, medical director of cardiology for the Heart & Vascular Center.
The event includes the following:
• A style show from Jules Boutique and Salon J, emceed by local television and radio personalities Kim Chappell from ABC-57 News and Deb Miles from B100
• Free heart healthy screenings (space is limited and pre-registration is required. Call to register at 877-566-4660)
• A heart healthy cooking demonstration
• Goody bags and refreshments
• Presentations and a panel discussion about women’s heart health by Heart & Vascular Center physicians
Everyone who pre-registers for the event will be entered into a drawing for a “day of beauty” in downtown Goshen. To register for Go Red for Women, call 877-566-4660.