Mission, Vision & Values
The mission of Indiana University Health North Hospital is to:
- Improve the health of our communities
- Support the educational commitment/efforts of IU Health
- Nurture the individual spirit
- Celebrate the experiences of life!
The vision that guides IU Health is as follows: "We will lead the transformation of healthcare through quality, innovation and education, and make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states."
The vision of IU Health North Hospital is:
- Excellence in care
- A peaceful environment
- Extraordinary service
- The effective blending of technology, compassion and spirit
- A seamless continuum of care blending community-based and academic services in which the providers grow in their knowledge and expertise
- A team approach in which the patient and family are the ultimate priority
- Our patient's well being above all else
- A team approach, where all individuals provide valuable contributions to the health of the patient.
- Excellence in education and its application to the healing environment
- Innovative partnerships and an unparalleled service philosophy
These priorities and values will be united into a partnership of healing, in which the mind, body and spirit of the individuals are cared for and celebrated.
Simply put, our passion is exceeding your expectations.
Whether our associates work in billing, admissions, environmental services, nursing, surgery or rehabilitation, they all have one thing in common -- they've all taken a personal pledge to make your experience with them so positive that you'll talk about us with everyone you know.
We want you to brag about us. We want you to be proud that we're in your community because we're proud to be a part of it. Here's what we believe:
- If we want to get you healthy, we need to treat you as an individual -- not just as another gall bladder patient in room 21.
- Laughter heals, and fun should be injected into each and every day.
- Your first visit with us is a valuable gift, and it's up to us to earn a return visit.
- Technical competence is important in a caregiver, but it's devalued if not partnered with genuine caring.
- Taking time out to smile, chat or get to know a visitor is not inefficient. It is absolutely critical to hire good people -- kindness and compassion cannot be taught.
- Caring for people isn't easy, and if we don't take care of our associates and meet their needs, they can't take care of you.
- We won't be perfect, but we'll work tirelessly to be as close to perfect as possible. And when mistakes are made, we'll try our best to make things right - quickly.
We are 100 percent fanatical about redefining what you think service in a hospital is all about. IU Health North Hospital, the care you deserve.