Request an Appointment Find a Doctor
When you are faced with a medical emergency, Indiana University Health is here to provide experienced and effective treatment, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Emergency Medicine services at Indiana University Health North Hospital combine the latest technology with an advanced team of caregivers. Our team, which includes physicians who are board certified in Emergency Medicine, quickly evaluates, stabilizes and diagnoses patients with acute illnesses or injuries.
The panic, fear and anxiety that accompany an emergency situation are often unpleasant and are something many of us hope to never experience. Sometimes, however, it is out of our control. That is why it is comforting to know that IU Health North Hospital has a full service Emergency Department that treats both adults and children. We guarantee that all registered visitors are seen by a member of our emergency staff as quickly as possible.
Located on the corner of 116th and Meridian, Emergency Services at IU Health North Hospital offers the care you deserve, close to home. When you come to IU Health North Hospital for emergency treatment, please enter the doors under the red "Emergency" sign located on the southeast corner of the building.
Some of the featured services we offer include:
- Expert adult and pediatric care
- 24-hour access to full hospital services: catheterization laboratory (cath lab), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT) scans, surgery, women's health services, orthopedic services
- Access to experts and the only pediatric Level I Trauma Center in Indiana at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health
- Helipad access for Indiana University Health LifeLine helicopters
- Private family consultation rooms
- Bedside registration, which allows patients to be made more comfortable without delay
- Comfortable waiting area with flat screen televisions
- Private patient rooms
- Easy access to other hospital floors and services
- A computerized charting system with seamless transition to other IU Health Hospitals
- On-site family support, including social work and chaplaincy services to help patients and their families cope with emergencies
In an emergency, please call 911.
Call direct: 317.688.3140
To contact a patient, please call the Main Hospital Switchboard at 317.688.2000
We are located at: 11700 N. Meridian St. Carmel, IN 46032