Indiana University Health North Hospital provides patients with access to nationally recognized diagnostic and treatment services for conditions and disorders of the digestive tract. Our physicians provide screenings, diagnostic procedures and some of the most advanced surgical techniques used in gastroenterology today.
Our physicians are experts in their field, specializing in dysphagia, esophageal disorders, motility disorders and gastrointestinal disorders. IU Health North Hospital surgeons often utilize the expertise of our gastroenterology physicians to interpret tests that help aid in diagnosing a patient with a digestive disorder.
In addition to the latest endoscopic methods, Indiana University Health advancements include minimally invasive robotic pancreatic surgery, mini scopes to investigate diseases of the pancreas and biliary tree and natural orifice transgastric endoluminal surgery (NOTES).
Through our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, we conduct extensive research, enabling us to bring new technologies and treatment plans directly to our patients.
Jump ahead on this page
IU Health North Hospital offers comprehensive care for patients with various gastroenterology conditions and disorders. Our physicians provide screenings, diagnostics and some of the most advanced surgical techniques used in gastroenterology today, including:
- Management and evaluation of esophageal disorders (including achalasia, diffuse esophageal spasm, gastroesophageal reflux disease and Barrett’s esophagus)
- Management and evaluation of chronic constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and functional gastrointestinal disorders (such as irritable bowel syndrome)
- Colitis and inflammatory bowel diseases
- Emergency therapy of gastrointestinal bleeding
- Evaluation and therapy of gastrointestinal diseases, liver disease, liver injury and pancreatic diseases such as pancreatitis
- Hepatitis C
- Locating and treating small bowel tumors
Our gastroenterology program is recognized for its expertise in endoscopy, which involves inserting a long, flexible tube in the mouth or the rectum to help visualize parts of the digestive tract. Endoscopy services include:
- Colonoscopies for colon cancer screenings (evaluates various conditions such as diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain and rectal bleeding)
- Upper GI endoscopies (evaluates various conditions such as dysphagia, gastroesophageal reflux disease, Barrett’s esophagus, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.)
- Feeding tube placements
We offer comprehensive services for the diagnosis and treatment of motility disorders such as gastroparesis, which includes:
- High resolution esophageal manometry with impedance. Measures the muscle contractions of the esophagus and monitors reflux events.
- 24-hour esophageal pH/impedance monitoring. Monitors the acidity of the esophagus using a catheter to determine whether digestive acids are entering from the stomach.
- 48-hour BRAVO pH monitoring. Uses a capsule to measure the acidity of the esophagus.
Call direct: 317.944.0980
We are located at: 11725 Illinois St., Suite 275 Carmel, IN 46032