At Indiana University Health Paoli Hospital, the cancer specialists provide comprehensive cancer treatment, called oncology, as part of Indiana’s largest cancer care network. Our multidisciplinary approach means that you receive care from many experienced health professionals, including medical oncologists, surgeons, dietitians, physical therapists, chaplains, social workers and pharmacists. We are focused on giving you personalized options for all of your needs.
We offer advanced cancer treatments throughout Indiana for your convenience. Our highly skilled physicians work with you to develop the most effective treatment plan.
We offer the following cancer services at IU Health Paoli Hospital:
- Surgery. Surgery is the first line of treatment for many cancers.
- Cancer education. Learning more about your condition and treatments can help you manage your cancer.
- Cancer support groups. At our support groups, you can speak with other patients who are receiving or have received cancer treatment.
- Sentinel node biopsy. Sentinel node biopsies help determine if cancer has spread to nearby lymph nodes.
- Visiting specialist services. Many different specialists may be involved in your cancer care depending on what type of cancer you have. Through our visiting specialists services, specialists in the study of tumors (cancer) and the treatment of anemia and other blood disorders are scheduled regularly to facilitate patient needs.
For additional cancer services, we may refer you to other Indiana University Health facilities. IU Health partners with the Indiana University School of Medicine and the Indiana University Health Melvin & Bren Simon Cancer Center, Indiana’s only cancer center with National Cancer Institute designation. These partnerships give you access to leading edge treatments and innovative cancer research.
From diagnosis to treatment to rehabilitation, we are with you every step of the way to answer questions, provide relief from symptoms and improve your quality of life.
Visiting Specialist Services
Specialized care is offered at Indiana University Health Paoli. For more information or to schedule an appointment call 812.723.7459. Patients should contact their insurance provider concerning referral needs. Offices are located at 642 West Hospital Road in Paoli.