Medical Record Release
- Billing Center
- Request your Medical Records
- Clinical Trials provided by IN Research
- Retail Pharmacy
- Request an Appointment
- Prepare for your Stay with EMMI
- Rights & Responsibilities
- The Strength of Friends
IU Health saves medical records for a minimum of eight years. You can collect your medical records in paper form or electronically. If you are an email user and prefer an electronic copy instead of a paper copy of your medical records check the “YES” box on the Authorization to Release Health Information and include your email address on the form. If the “YES” box is not marked, paper copies will be mailed to the mailing address you provide.
Requesting your medical records is a 3 step process:
- Download and Print the Authorization to Release Health Information form.
- Complete the form. (Use page two of the downloaded PDF as a guide for how to complete the form.)
Fax or mail the completed Authorization to Release Health Information form to the designated address for the facility you would like your information released from. See page two of the Authorization to Release Health Information form to determine where to send your request.
- If you are requesting health information from more than one location please send your request to the HIM Release of Information office located at Methodist Hospital.
- Requests generally take 7-10 business days to fulfill.
- You may be charged a fee for copying. You will be sent an invoice with your medical records for the appropriate amount. If your request is for more than 80 pages of records, you will be asked for fee approval before your request is fulfilled.
Birth and Death Certificates
Birth and death certificates are issued and managed by county health departments. To obtain a copy of a birth or death certificate, please contact the health department of the county where the individual was born or died.
If you have questions about requesting your medical records please contact Health Information Management (HIM) at 317.962.8670.